Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jake's Cake


Well a little late but here goes. A couple of weeks ago there was a birthday party at Janny’s house for Jenna, Nathaniel, Nicky and me.

So I’m standing in the kitchen with three cakes next to me and no urge to take the can of Betty Crocker ‘Easy to Use’ (That’s a lie) icing in a can-because I know how frustrating it is to use.

So we talked Jacob into writing Muffin on his Carrot Cake. That icing squirted out like a warped can of Silly String in a zero gravity tank. I think at first Jacob felt bad at how it came out, even though it looked pretty darned good to me. BUT, after he saw everyone elses results he had to feel pretty darned good about himself.

That icing has only one redeeming quality and that’s the fact that it tastes good when you tilt your head back and squirt it directly into your mouth. But for cakes, it’s really hard and we appreciate Jacob having the guts to try the first cake.

1 comment:

LINDA said...

Those were some fine looking cakes. Thanks for not showing the one that I did!