Sunday, April 12, 2009

Adventures With Pattye

Well a fun filled Saturday evening with Pattye started out with a trip to view the house I think I'm buying (15450 Oporto). Then we went to Chilli's and got the White Chocolate Lava Dessert mmmmmmmm.

The off to the Borders on Ford Road in Canton where she picked up a zillion page copy of 'The Count Of Monte Cristo' (I should have realized right at that point that she wasn't feeling well cause who in their right state of mind would want that?) but Pattye was still saving the best for last.

We stopped by the new Hobby Lobby on Ford, walked to the back of the store where she informed me that she wasn't feeling well. She was weak and wobbly. She didn't think she could make it to the front of the store so we were looking for a cart for her to lean on when she lost all of her energy and started slumping to the floor. I grabbed on to her and broke her fall and she ended up laying face up in the middle of the aisle. Her face was as white as new snow. She felt so bad that she asked me to call 911 which I did. The help at Hobby Lobby as well as the customers were really nice.

But my favorite part of the evening was when, after the EMT people arrived and were standing over her, one of them asked her if she had any pain. She replied 'no' and just then he accidentally bumped into a display and knocked a big box on her face. Then she said 'Now I have pain'.

So they dragged her off in the big red Emergency Truck to St. Mary's of Livonia to visit Bev. Me and Eric and Annie and Charlie and the kids were all there. Jenna was really concerned and made Pattye a Get Well Card right there on the spot. She's so sensitive.

Afterwards I took the kids home while Charlie waited with Pattye.

I'm still in town next weekend so I'm anxious to see what Pattye has planned for then. By the way, it looks like she was just short on potassium and liquids. My suggestion? a Banana Margarita.

No comments: