Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sick Sucks and Great Inventions

First of all, I've been sick about a week now and it sucks. Right now I'm sitting here just kind of staring off blankly at my computer although I'm supposed to be driving to Pittsburgh for work. But I'm just sitting here blowing my nose with a vacuous look, much like I've had all week.

Even used up three sick days at work and didn't do anything overly exciting for all of that time off. Nope, just spent all week filling up Kleenex.

Which brings me to the exciting part of being sick-the discovery of yet another world class creation by some total genius whose birthday I would celebrate if I knew when it was.

Before I share the new highlight of modern technology may I remind you all of the past triumphs....first of all, Immodium AD. And to anyone who has appreciated the success of this little white pill than I need say no more about its virtues.

And how about the person who invented stretchy waist bands on pants. Another unsung hero. Someone who has made dressing up for work a much more pleasant experience for me.

And now this weeks winner is the person at the Puffs Invention Laboratory that took a regular old tissue and not only added lotion, but God Love Ya buddy, you added Vicks Vapo Rub too! Yep, with every soft blow there's a little shot of fresh air in the ol' nostrils. If the inventor of this product reads this blog please send me your picture-there is surely room in a frame on my desk.

1 comment:

LINDA said...

Sounds awful! Did you know that Jacob, Nancy, and Steve were also sick this week?