Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Canteen




Last night was the much awaited ‘Hilbert Canteen’. This is a social event for the students at Jenna’s school and since it was before Halloween they got to wear costumes.

Jenna chose a ‘Belly Dancer’ and she actually moves pretty good in it! She went with her friend Jamie who was dressed up in a red outfit with wings. However, since Jamie’s costume had come from a friend who was bigger than her, and was pretty low cut I did have to run home and get her another shirt to wear with it.

All in all they had a great time. They had pizza and got tons of pictures taken with different friends by the school photographer. They had a booth set up for Polaroids for $1.00 and they spent a fortune there.

I had signed up to be a chaperone. It had to be volunteer work because they couldn’t have paid me enough to it! Lots of kids, loud music that I was years away from being familiar with. NO Moody Blues or Kingston Trio. But all in all it as fun. Jenna and Jamie had a great time.

And it was a learning experience for me. I can now name all three Jonas Brothers.
***UPDATE**** OMG-Eric informed me that I had missed a younger Jonas Brother, Frankie, the Bonus Jonas. I stand corrected.

1 comment:

LINDA said...

Oh, Jen looks so cute! I was once a belly dancer for Halloween - back in my skinnier years.