Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The joys of traveling

Well I’m in West Virginia. I count heavily on my GPS (A wonderful geographic location system available ONLY through Janet Leppala at AT&T). I count on it not only because I travel so much but basically because even back at home in Michigan I have trouble finding my way out of a parking lot.

But yesterday I was backtracking on a trip that I had made the day before, only two roads so I knew I wouldn’t need to bother with the GPS. So after I made my first turn I knew I went the wrong way because instead of a small town I was seeing nothing but dusty coal mining operations and no towns or homes.

But the biggest panic was when, after ten miles I start seeing signs for a Virginia Hospital. Not a West Virginia Hospital but a Virginia Hospital. I’m wracking my brains out trying to figure what I did so wrong to end me up in Virginia. Trying to remember those old jigsaw puzzles of the USA, how could I have screwed up so bad that I crossed all the way into Virginia instead of hugging the Ohio border like I thought I was.

After I finally made a U-Turn it occurred to me that it was a VA Hospital, not a Virginia Hospital.

Yep, another day in paradise.

1 comment:

LINDA said...

Well, steer clear of Maryland, or you might run into some MDs!